Living Yoga focuses on the yogic lifestyle and provides valuable tools to incorporate yoga into various aspects of your daily routine. Some of the elements of this program are:
1. Philosophy and Wisdom Teachings:
- Explore the foundational texts of yoga to gain insights into the philosophical underpinnings of yoga.
- Learn about the principles of Sanatana Dharma (eternal duty/righteousness) and how they relate to leading a harmonious and fulfilling life.
2. Yogic Practices:
- Delve into the various yogic practices, including asanas (physical postures), pranayama (control of life force energy), meditation, and mantra chanting.
- Learn about the significance of these practices and how they contribute to physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
3. Daily Rituals:
- Discover the importance of establishing a daily routine that incorporates yogic practices and rituals.
- Explore rituals such as morning sadhana (spiritual practice), pranayama and meditation sessions, and evening reflection and gratitude practices.
4. Yogic Diet and Nutrition:
- Understand the principles of Ayurveda, the sister science of yoga, and how it guides dietary choices for balance and well-being.
- Learn about Sattvic (pure) foods that support a calm and clear mind, and how to incorporate them into your meals.
5. Mindfulness and Self-Inquiry:
- Cultivate mindfulness throughout your day, bringing the principles of yoga into your interactions, choices, and behaviors.
- Explore self-inquiry practices to deepen self-awareness and gain insight into your patterns, beliefs, and desires.
6. Community and Support:
- Engage with a community of fellow practitioners to share experiences, seek guidance, and foster a sense of belonging.
- Receive support and guidance from experienced yoga teachers who can help you navigate your yogic journey.
We are waitlisting now for the 2024 Cohort
Living Yoga is not a Yoga Teacher Training program, but rather a program focused on deepening one's personal journey and understanding of yoga.
The program aims to provide a comprehensive exploration of the philosophical and lifestyle aspects of yoga, going beyond what is typically covered in a YTT. The emphasis is on embodying the teachings through a combination of wisdom discussions and somatic experiences and lifestyle practices. The intention is to help participants create a sustainable and purposeful yoga practice rooted in love and understanding.
While a YTT typically includes instruction on how to teach yoga, this online yoga training focuses primarily on personal transformation and integration of the yogic principles into one's own life. It aims to provide a deeper understanding and application of the practice rather than preparing individuals to become yoga teachers.
Participants can expect to gain a more profound connection with themselves, a greater understanding of the yogic philosophy, and practical tools to apply yoga in their daily lives. The program can be beneficial for those seeking personal growth, alignment, and a deeper embodiment of the yogic teachings.
This training is live on Zoom platform. This provides participants with the opportunity to engage in real-time learning with their instructors. In addition to the live sessions, the program offers access to a dedicated online portal which serves as a comprehensive platform for resources and teachings.
Upon signing up for the program, participants will gain immediate access to the course platform, allowing them to start exploring the available content and resources. We will continue to upload content leading up to the start of the live program, ensuring that participants have a wealth of material to engage with.
While it is encouraged for participants to join the live sessions and practice in community, the reality is that not everyone can attend every session due to various commitments. In such cases, the program offers the convenience of recording uploads within 48 business hours. This allows participants to catch up on any missed sessions and ensure they have access to all the program content.
Overall, the combination of live Zoom sessions and access to the course platform provides a dynamic and flexible learning experience, accommodating the needs and schedules of participants while fostering a sense of community and support.
There are no prerequisites for this course. All you need is an open mind and a willingness to learn.
For those seeking Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or hours, it will be necessary to fulfill certain requirements. Specifically, participants will be required to pass quizzes at the end of each module This component ensures that participants actively reflect on and integrate the teachings into their personal practice and lives.
However, for individuals who are joining the program solely for their own personal journey and not seeking Yoga Alliance hours there will be a few optional assignments but they are not required. These participants can focus solely on their personal exploration and integration of the teachings without any formal requirements or obligations.
By offering different options for engagement, the program caters to both individuals seeking professional development and those on a personal journey of self-discovery and growth.
Days & Times: EST
Mondays 6-9pm EST
Thursdays 6-9pm EST
Saturdays 8-11am EST
1. Yoga History, Appropriation & Colonization:
- May 22: Yoga History, Appropriation - Shanna
- May 25: Colonization - Shanna
- May 27: Practice - Shanna
2. Science behind Pranayama, Meditation, Mudras, Mantras:
- May 29: Mudras & Mantras - Victoria
- June 1: Pranayama & Meditation - Shanna
- June 3: Practice - Victoria
3. Sutras Book 1 & 2:
- June 5: Book 1 - Shanna
- June 8: Book 2 - Shanna
- June 10: Practice - Shanna
4. Chakras 1-3:
- June 12: Chakras 101 - Victoria
- June 15: Chakras 1-3 in Depth - Victoria
- June 17: Practice - Victoria
5. Sutras Books 3 & 4:
- June 19: Book 3 - Shanna
- June 22: Book 4 - Shanna
- June 24: Practice - Shanna
6. Chakras 4-7:
- June 26: Chakras 4-5 in Depth - Victoria
- June 29: Chakras 6-7 in Depth - Victoria
- July 1: Practice - Victoria
- July 3: Ayurveda 101 - Victoria
- July 6: Dosha Evaluation - Victoria
- July 8: Practice - Victoria
- July 10: Gita - Shanna
- July 13: Gita - Shanna
- July 15: Practice - Shanna
- July 17: The Energy of Food - Victoria
- July 20: Ayurveda Cycles - Victoria
- July 22: Practice - Victoria
- July 24: Gita - Shanna
- July 27: Gita - Shanna
- July 29: Practice - Shanna
11. Storytelling & More:
- July 31: Shanna
- August 3: Victoria
- August 5: Practice & Closing Circle - Victoria & Shanna
Please note that all the topics and sessions will be conducted by either Shanna or Victoria, as specified. The program concludes with a practice session and closing circle led by both instructors.
We prioritize financial accessibility by offering a variety of options.
By offering various options we actively seeking to support individuals in joining the program, fostering an environment where financial limitations are not a barrier.
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.
"It is has been a really nice commitment and accountability piece that I really enjoy."
"I care for infant twins and I use the Bee breath when I put them to sleep. I notice that it is calming and relaxing for me. They will put their head on my chest and calm down more."
"I do Kapalabhati (a breathing exercise) at the beginning of my meditation and I find that it really sets my mind at ease and helps me get into a deeper meditation sooner."
"I have been more observant of the stages and aims in my life and diving deeper and living that in everything."
Hearing everyone talk about their alters and practices has inspired me to recommit to my sadhana (practice).
"My practice is finding a different kind of ebb and flow. It is a more peaceful ebb and flow and I am excited to see where it goes. My practice is coming back to a beautiful simplicity."