This 200 Hour Teacher Training is for those who:
1. Seek to integrate social justice principles into their yoga practice. You will fearlessly explore the intersections of social justice and yoga. You will look at the potential of yoga as a tool for personal and collective transformation and address social inequalities and systemic oppression.
2. Value inclusivity and diversity: You will learn how to create inclusive and welcoming spaces that are respectful of different backgrounds, experiences, and identities, and that foster a sense of belonging and acceptance.
3. Want to make a positive impact in their communities: You will learn how to create change beyond the yoga mat. You will learn about the interconnectedness of personal well-being and social justice, and how to use your yoga training to uplift and empower marginalized communities, promote equity, and advocate for social transformation.
4. Are committed to personal growth and self-reflection: Engaging in a Social Justice inspired YTT requires a willingness to explore personal biases, privilege, and areas for growth. Participants are dedicated to ongoing self-reflection and self-inquiry, understanding that their own journey is integral to the work they do in promoting justice and equality.
5. Seek to integrate trauma-informed practices: Individuals interested in a Social Justice inspired YTT often recognize the impacts of trauma and are eager to learn trauma-informed approaches within a social justice framework. They are motivated to create safe and supportive spaces that honor individual experiences and promote healing.
By joining a Social Justice inspired Yoga Teacher Training, participants engage in a transformative journey that goes beyond traditional yoga education. You become a catalyst for change, using yoga as a tool to address systemic oppression, foster inclusivity, and create a more just and equitable world.
If you have questions regarding the training, please contact Victoria Martinez below.
In our program, we will provide you with a guided journey of self-discovery and transformation, using yogic philosophies and the Chakra system as the foundation for exploration. By delving into powerful yogic practices and studying the yogic texts, you will establish a strong basis for our shared studies. Through your dedication to this exploration of yourself and the yogic lifestyle, you will acquire the tools necessary to live a life of awareness and freedom in mind, body, and spirit.
From the very beginning of the program, you will have the opportunity to practice teaching. Our experienced teachers will guide you through this process, offering valuable feedback that will support your growth as both a student and a teacher. We believe that engaging in teaching experiences early on will provide you with the practical skills needed to confidently teach upon graduation. Additionally, you will be required to observe and participate in classes outside of our weekend sessions, broadening your exposure to different teaching styles and approaches.
Includes but is not limited to:
Location: ALC Mosaic
January 27-April 28
Expect to attend the training approximately every
other weekend. Final weekend dates to be
Tues Evening Zoom lectures: Jan 30– May 5, 2024
Expect to attend zoom lectures approximately every other
week as well.
This is a fast paced immersive program. There are assignments and group check ins that happen outside of training hours. It is recommended that you clear your schedule during the training so that you have enough time for homework, rest and study.
You must pass the test and practicum to receive the 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Certificate.
Attendance of the entire program is required. If there is an emergency or sickness and a date is missed, You must book a private with the teacher of the missed date. Privates start at $75 an hour.
Everyone must be on time. If you miss portions of practice due to lateness, you may be required to book a private to make up for missing time.
YFR Foundation offers scholarships as funds become available. It is not guaranteed that we will have scholarships. Please reserve scholarships for people who need them as we will have a limited amount. Stay tuned to our website to see if and when we provide scholarships.
If you would like to give so that we can open up scholarships, please use the link below.
Paid at Sign Up
When paid in full by November 1. Deposit included.
Starting November 1. Including Deposit.
Offered through December 1. Credit Card required. Deposit must be paid upon sign up. This amount is including deposit.
Full refunds-deposit if you withdraw by November 1.
Half Refund-deposit if you withdraw by December 1.
No Refund after December 1.
If you leave the program, you are still required to pay for the full program. Please make sure that you have the bandwidth to attend and finish the program. Please speak to your teachers to ensure that this is the right program for you.